MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing MyBB with IIS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I have been reading through the support documentation and across as much relevant information within these forums but cant quite find the answer to my problem.

I have a website hosted on my own physical server running 2008R2 and using IIS 7.0

Website is in C:\WEB\[DOMAIN NAME]\site\

Contents of the UPLOAD folder are in C:\WEB\[DOMAIN NAME]\site\forum\

The permissions set at the root C:\WEB had:

EVERYONE: FULL CONTROL

That alone should be enough right? And those settings should propagate down to the MyBB forum folder.
Anyway i decided to also add the DOMAIN USERS group and grant modify permissions from the root folder again. This time i had an error: ACCESS DENIED - aspnet_client in the site folder. Not sure if that should matter, but regardless the result is still the same "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."

I have had trouble finding information on here from people using IIS to host so wonder if that is the problem?

EDIT: Using the latest release from the website today which is 1.8 i believe.
Which control panel your using with your windows server.
I'm using IIS 7.0 on 2008R2
May I know your domain name configuration with your server.

And upload all file of mybb zip in upload folder to C:\WEB\[DOMAIN NAME]\site\mybb file.

After open your domain name in browsers and install with database.

That it.
(2015-01-04, 05:37 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]May I know your domain name configuration with your server.

And upload all file of mybb zip in upload folder to C:\WEB\[DOMAIN NAME]\site\mybb file.

After open your domain name in browsers and install with database.

That it.

I'm in the same situation as Tom88.  I've FTP'd the files to my server, changed permissions, and still get '403: Access Denied' message.  Additional suggestions?

Thanks.
^ please see search results - following a couple of results should help
if you are unable to fix it yourself then its better to ask your web host to assist.
or if you can wait for a few hours then you can PM me access to your web host panel
Watch the below video. hope this will helpful for you.

<- snip ->