MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: dvz shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
========= INSTALLATION ==============================================
1. upload the package from "UPLOAD" to your MyBB root directory
2. add CSS from STYLES.txt to your board stylesheets (e.g. global.css)
3. add {$dvz_shoutbox} to your index template
4. install the plugin in the ACP

How do i complete these steps..... i don't know how to add css and immodest know how to add dvz shout box to the index template. Can someone please help me out
1. Use the File Manager on your host panel or a FTP client like FileZilla to upload the files

2. Open STYLES.txt in a text editor copy the content and goto ACP >> Themes >> Your Theme >> global.css >> Edit in Advanced Mode, put the copied content and save

3. ACP >> Templates >> Your Theme's Templates >> Index Page Templates >> index and add {$dvz_shoutbox} where you want... preferably above {$forums}

4. ACP >> Plugins >> install the plugin
where do i put it. There is all kind of code is global css. do i just paste it at the bottom

yes at the bottom...
with a space right. And can u give me example for both. I don't want to insert them in the wrong place and btw thanks for ur help.
^ for the content paste in global.css of the theme, navigate to bottom of the style sheet and paste at a new line
earlier content in global.css
new content
similarly for the code line in index template, make a new line before {$forums} and add the code line there
{$dvz_shoutbox}
{$forums}
Index:

Quote:<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}

<- content removed ->

</div>
<div class="forum" style="float: left; width: 76%;">{$forums}</div>
{$boardstats}
<br class="clear" />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

global css:

Quote:body {
background: #d8dde8 url(images/vienna/bg.png) top left repeat-x;

<- content removed ->

}
/** Impromptu End */

Can you please insert the code correctly. Iodinate want to mess this up.
index template :
{$boardstats}
change to
{$dvz_shoutbox}
{$boardstats}

global.css :
/** Impromptu End */
change like below
/** Impromptu End */
paste the css style code here
just did all that and now when i try to install the plugins my page is blank. Is there a fix. Now i can't see any of the plugins i previously installed. how to i get the shout box working.

and there is no space between the /** Impromptu End */ and the styles txt right?
looks like php version you are using is not suitable for dvz shoutbox! it requires recent version of php (version 5.4 or higher)

you can ask your web host for the php upgrade.
at present you have to remove dvz shoutbox file from plugins folder (or rename it with .old extension)