MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tabs within a Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello beautiful MyBB community,

I have a forum running on the most recent MyBB (MyBB 1.8.3) using AlterVista as my host, and I was wondering how one would approach creating a plugin or setting or whatever to have workable tabs within threads.

I first got this idea from another website that had a similar function. Below is a short set of pictures of what I mean, taken from the aforementioned site.

[Image: TeZHGUz.jpg]

Basically, ignoring my attempt at explaining everything with weird words, it works like a modified version of the various Tabs functions that a variety of people have developed, a lot of which you can see in the Tutorials subforum. Unfortunately, whatever they have in the site above is distinctly for threads and not for overall forums.

Speaking of the site, I'm sure  they don't use the MyBB forum framework based on what I've gathered on it, although I honestly have little idea what they use. I just stumbled upon it, liked the feature, and was curious as to how I could get a similar thing working on MyBB.

Anything can help!

Thanks!  Smile
replies here might help
Those are fine, but those are per post/postbit. I need ones that are a bit more general, only per thread. I need something a little more similar in function to the example shown. This is where the problem lies, and I'm not nearly ingenious enough with jscript and jquery and all that jazz to engineer my own plugin, individually.

This is why I'm asking for help. Still, thanks for the link! Those were helpful to some extent! Big Grin Some insightful reads.
It's been 3 days. That's suitable for a bump, right? Sorry if it isn't.

At this point, I've already started to figure out ways to restructure my forum organization to not rely on the Tab system, but I would still appreciate if anyone has any ideas. :p