MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: not show icons & smilies!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,  I have a problem, I installed MyBB 1.8.3, but I have a problem, I do not show icons & smilies! Image is to folders.  images\smilies  &  \images\icons , but are not displayed!

What to do?

Sorry for my English.

http://community.69sexpedia.com/newthread.php?fid=2

[Image: 2014_12_30_164518.png][Image: 2014_12_30_164600.png]
MyBB 1.8.x version uses png type images for the icons & smilies. not sure how you are getting gif links reference.
is it a direct installation of MyBB 1.8.x or upgrade of MyBB 1.6.x ?
(2014-12-30, 03:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8.x version uses png type images for the icons & smilies. not sure how you are getting gif links reference.
is it a direct installation of MyBB 1.8.x or upgrade of MyBB 1.6.x ?

I have installation directly from CP.softaculous.
^ we suggest using manual installation . guidance => http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/
Hi, I fixed the problem by installing mybb manual.

I have a question, is it possible to use .gif images. on MyBB 18, or be installed on version 1.6
thank you @.m.
of course, using gif images is possible. but what is the need of using gif instead of png images ?
if required, you can also install & use MyBB 1.6.16
(2014-12-31, 02:19 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]of course, using gif images is possible. but what is the need of using gif instead of png images ?

I want to use smilies!
[Image: band.gif?noCache=1420035989]
you can use gif smilies. upload those smilie images to a folder of your MyBB files server (eg. ~/images/smilies2)

admin panel >> configuration >> smilies >> Add Multiple Smilies --> Path to Images
--> enter images/smilies2 --> show smilies ... ... --> save smilies
I have the same exact problem as the original poster. My site is installed at Godaddy using their control panel. It was a fresh install on a brand new domain and site... not an upgrade.

I tried a couple of other themes and they all have same issue.

How can I fix this?
^ suggestions given above are expected to fix the referred issue.
if not and if you need direct help then you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & web host panel.
you can give your own credentials and change them later

@savatage, referred issues fixed by SQL queries like below
UPDATE `mybb_icons` SET  `path`= REPLACE (`path`, '.gif', '.png') WHERE `path` LIKE '%.gif%'; 
UPDATE `mybb_smilies` SET  `image`= REPLACE (`image`, '.gif', '.png') WHERE `image` LIKE '%.gif%';