MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having issues... it appears to be working up until the point to where you set a ACP pin. I've done it twice..

I entered a pin and I also left it blank once. Both times I get a 500 error and the installation ends.

Help!?
cause for internal server error should be checked in the error log available at web host panel.
also check if you can log into forum admin panel (if required, add the lock file to install folder)
if so run file verification tool available at the tools & maintenance section of admin panel. and post the result here.
I cannot access the forum:
http://cfa-football.com/forum
^ create an empty file called lock in to install folder and then check if you can log into admin panel
Didn't work. Says installation is not complete.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Any other ideas? I have tried it three more times... same issue every time.

I had the 1.8 files so I went ahead and tried to upgrade to 1.8 and then 1.8.3... didn't work. Got to the same area (ACP pin) and it gave me the 500 error.

I'm not sure what else to do..

Should've mentioned I got the error while attempting the 1.8 upgrade from 1.6.15.
if you see this message before GMT 0900 today (31 Dec) then
you can PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & web host control panel to check it.
you can change your credentials later
Not sure how I did it but I was able to install it.. now I'm running into other issues..

http://community.mybb.com/thread-165000.html
I also have issues with 1.8.3 upgrade.

So far what is happing is when click on reply or new post, the tool bar for post options fills in the edit window.

not sure if it a theme issue or something else
^ @slotking, as I've informed you earlier your forum is not reachable for me. not sure what restrictions your web host has.
anyway, please continue using your own thread.

@ Robmeister89, you can PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (ftp) to check
I'm setting up temporary access now .m.

I'll pm you when its confirmed.