MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Android app for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it will be game changer. Considering how much acceptance it will yield, ever considered an Android app bundled with the software ?
There aren't any plans to develop an official android app for MyBB forums (certainly not in the 1.x series) but 2.0 will be designed with mobiles and tablets in mind. The biggest issue would be developing and maintaining it; most of the developers on the team are web developers and don't have much (if any) experience with mobile development.
Is there any way to offer an app for our forum for Android ? Now a days most people are on mobile and won't come to forums no matter what. Sad
Yes, look at Tapatalk. They have a free application. You just need to install the plugin to allow Tapatalk to connect to your forum. You can find more info here: https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=mybb
What about Tapatalk?
Sure the design is orange but it still is the closest we probably will ever get to a mybb app.
Lot of privacy and security concerns raised about them. Their forum and control panel access credentials were hacked recently.
I wouldn't trust Tapatalk, I don't enjoy their business model and if the post above is true then that just gives more ammunition for me.
Hi.. I'am using Ez Forum.. Not powerfull as tapatalk, but no need to install plugin..

Sent from my C6903 Using Ez Forum for Android
a lot of forums i know are using tapatalk..however, i dont trust that app. so i gotta go with what i have. would be interesting to see a mybb app..the primary concern is "security" -thats always a high priority for me
If MyBB develops an API system, me and my brother could work on an app.
Pages: 1 2