MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I was foolish enough to give out my password a while back to a person I thought would use it wisely, unfortunately he has used it to alter sigs in the MySQL databases. Can I change my passwords on the MySQL?

OR

can I change the password to my admin account ie. admin login panel, is it the same as my user password?
Alex.
Yes, you can change your MySQL password however this functionality isn't included in MyBB.

You need to either open up phpMyAdmin (if you have it installed) or the web hosting control panel your server users (if it has one, cPanel, Plesk, Helm etc) where you can manage your passwords and change it in there.

After you've done that you need to open up the inc/config.php file in your forums and change the password in the file (your old one) to the new one you set.
thanks alot Chris. I noticed there was a new MyBB version, is there an easy way to upgrade my Boards?
Alex
Yeh, just follow the instructions. Perhaps read the announcement. Might be a good idea.