MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just moved from SMF. A few issues/questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I've just moved a forum from SMF and for some reason the editor isn't showing the bold/italic/underline/etc bar across the top. The smilies are also not clickable. I've installed the CKEditor mod but that didn't make any difference as I can't find how to enable it (It's enabled in plugins).

Another thing, I've had people complain about a difference between SMF and MyBB and agree with them on this point, so was wondering if I could change it somehow, be it plugin or manual edit, or perhaps it's a setting I've missed. Basically on the forum index page, when people click the most recent post in a certain topic, it sends them straight to the very last post. I'd rather it sent them to their last unread post. I hope I'm making sense here.

Cheers!

Craig.

EDIT: LOL! New years day and the people that didn't enter their birthdays on SMF are all showing as 45 years old today. Anything I can do about that to clear it off?
I'm moving this as it's not really related to the merge system.

The first thing looks like a JS bug somewhere in your theme - have you installed a custom one and which one?

To the edit: That may be related to the merge system, I'd need to look at it when I've time again.
Thanks for moving it for me, sorry about that!

It's broken on the main/default theme too. All I've done is install a few mods like the arcade mod and change the background colour and logo on the default theme.

Mods installed:
Arcade mod (GameSection)
CKEditor
Simple Audito Video Embeder
Tapatalk (currently deactivated due to the annoying banner and no option to turn it off, uninstall doesn't seem to work for some reason but that's a different issue)

As for the birthday thing, I've just ran this
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `birthday` = '' WHERE `birthday` LIKE '1-1-1970';
then
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `birthdayprivacy` = 'none' WHERE `birthday` LIKE '';
(I have a backup, so if I've done wrong by doing that, I can restore it!)

It now shows in their profile their date of birth is not specified, but I can't find where to re-do the birthdays on the index page.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, especially on new years day. Happy new year!
Board URL and a testing account are required to fix the JS issues.

As for birthdays, ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Cache MAnager -> rebuild birthday cache (or all)
I can make you an account and provide the URL no problem. Shall I Private Message you the details?

Thanks again!!

Not sure what I've done but I also can't seem to save usergroup settings Sad
Sorry to bump already, but I've made the account, just need to know where to send the details to?

Cheers!
^ if it is a test user account then you can post here. if it is admin account then you have to use PM
It is indeed an admin account, I just want to know if it's ok to PM before PMing Smile
^ as he suggested to provide test account you can PM him and wait for response
Done, thanks. Hope I don't get in bother lol
Pages: 1 2