MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Doesn't Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this weird problem with registration. I "solved" it by removing some javascript from the member_register template. I tried to revert the template back to default MyBB template as well, still same problem. I tried to replace the member.php file, still same problem.

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--
$().ready(function() {
// validate registration_form
$("#registration_form").validate({
rules: {
          email: {
required: true,
email: true,
          },
          email2: {
required: true,
email: true,
equalTo: "#email"
          },
},
            username: {
              minlength: "{$lang->js_validator_username_length}",
              maxlength: "{$lang->js_validator_username_length}",
            },
          email: "{$lang->js_validator_invalid_email}",
email2: "{$lang->js_validator_email_match}",
}
});

{$validator_extra}
});
// -->
</script>

After removing the above script, I could finally register. Before I removed it, the usernamebox would be invalid no matter what I typed. Well, if it was valid, it would be invalid without a message. If it was invalid, it would give the right invalid reason.

If anyone could help me solve this, it would be greatly appreciated!
which theme you are using and can we have forum url

run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source
files pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)
(2015-01-01, 02:43 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which theme you are using and can we have forum url

run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source
files pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)

Thanks for getting back to me! This happens regardles of what theme I use, but I use Majestic from MySkins Studio. It was recently updated for MyBB 1.8.x.

I'll run the file verification tool and see what's coming up.

Forum URL is: http://dev.doidan.net/

Okay, it's solved now. Either global.php or member.php was the problem, my bet would be member.php. Somehow that was changed, and somehow I had a bad backup of that file. Redownloaded the MyBB and put the original file inside there, and it was all good.