MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra Images in Theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm quite new at developing MyBB skins, and have all the CSS info down, etc. I can customize pretty much anything on my forum via the admin CP, except I want to make other images such as corners.

Here is what I want the final result to look like:

[Image: skin.PNG]

I am not sure how to make this possible, so if anybody has any insight, please reply. I'm having most trouble with finding out how I would deal with the corners, as I said above.
Easy...edit the css for "table headers" with that background...change the collapse.gif and collapse_collapsed.gif.

Edit the "table subheaders" with #ABD9F1 as the background color.

Make your "page container" backgrounc #DCEFFA.

Edit your "table footers" with that image as the background.

I think that's it really.

Of course you also need to change the Link color to #026CB1 but I think that's pretty close to mybb default if it's not already.

This assumes you are doing a fixed width. With a fluid you will need to make templates changes for those corner images.
Read about editing themes here
Thanks to both of you for your help. ^_^ I'll try both resources and will edit this post with whether it works or not (I'm assuming it should).
Now I get this:

[Image: skin2xg4.png]
that part on the image has to be placed in table header background

#026CB1 url(http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=5505)
B-P Wrote:that part on the image has to be placed in table header background

#026CB1 url(http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=5505)

Careful...if he does that it will always pull the image from this site...

#026CB1 url('images/image_name.gif') no-repeat

That's how you should do it..of course name the image whatever you want and replace it in the code I gave. Make sure to of course upload that image to your site inside image directory as well.

Is this site fixed width because none of this will help on a fluid width site.
It is fixed width.

I've decided to keep the pointy corners for now, but I may add them later again. At least now I know how to. ^^
imho your rounded corners looked pretty good...you should try and go for it.

Plus we don't want all our help to be meaningless.
The corners should be seperate images.

You will need to edit the templates also in order to have this.. for example, you will need to have a cell around the 4 corners, each cell with contain a corner image, then the middle between the corners can be now a repeated image through css.

Regards