MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1 Click Install Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You should add 1 click plugin, language, themes etc... install but you have to enter ftp password
Good idea. It difficult but it can be done.

But less chance that this features will be added to mybb. Before few days I also posted for development similar to your idea. But it rejected.
(2015-01-01, 02:55 PM)rtm516 Wrote: [ -> ]You should add 1 click plugin, language, themes etc... install but you have to enter ftp password

I've used 4 other free/open-source forum software and I can say that MyBB 1.8 has the best & easiest system to install plugins & themes.

PS: Sorry to bumping an old thread.
(2015-02-05, 01:34 PM)ThePanda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-01, 02:55 PM)rtm516 Wrote: [ -> ]You should add 1 click plugin, language, themes etc... install but you have to enter ftp password

I've used 4 other free/open-source forum software and I can say that MyBB 1.8 has the best & easiest system to install plugins & themes.

That's not true actually, SMF's plugin system is easier to use due to it's one-click-install system. But it's more tend to conflict somehow...
Not the easiest of course. Safest method, may be. Since it does not allow upload files to server once you have the admin access. Safety comes with a price (normally comfort) as you can imagine.
(2015-02-06, 04:25 PM)SamedTarik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-05, 01:34 PM)ThePanda Wrote: [ -> ]

That's not true actually, SMF's plugin system is easier to use due to it's one-click-install system. But it's more tend to conflict somehow...

Because it's not actually a plugin/hook system. A package contains XML files that tell the package manager which files to edit and where. I used SMF for years.