MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not able to disable guests posting threads and posts to threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is my first post here.

I am one of two admins on a forum and I am having an impossible task of changing the permissions of the users who are 'guests' - those without forum membership.

In the past - up until today - guests who had not registered as members could post threads, and post to other threads. Today I tried to change the group user settings of 'guest' so that a guest could only browse and read forums and threads/posts. I changed the settings of the user group 'guest' in the 'Group' section of the Admin CP but no matter what I did here and in the general configuration section guests are still being able to post.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and what I need to do?

The forum is: http://reactorbreach.com

The version number of the forum is 1.6.11

Anyone of you can go there and post stuff to see how easy it is to do so. Unless I figure out how to prevent that before you get there!

I really need help on this asap. Thanking ANYONE in advance. Happy New Year to all of you here!

Ok.

I figured out in the end that it was the forum permissions that I had to edit as well as the registration settings. All sorted now.