MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clean install settings not saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have just installed MyBB for the first time. The installation went fine with no errors, and I've modified the permissions of the files mentioned in the installation instructions. I have now logged into the admin panel and I am starting to configure my site. However, the changes I'm making don't seen to be saving. For example:

I click "Configuration" and then "Site Details", I then change the board name from "Forums" to "Tinnitus Help Forums".

I then click the "Save Settings" button and I see some green text saying "The settings have been updated successfully."

I then click "Site Details" again and the board name is still "Forums" rather than "Tinnitus Help Forums".

Any ideas why this isn't being saved correctly? It's a NGINX server running MyBB 1.8.

My site link is http://www.tinnitushelpforum.com

Thanks for any help!

Tom
check again whether ~/inc/settings.php file is writable (CHMOD 777) ..
The settings.php file was 666, i've changed it to 777 but still have the problem. I edited the "Board Name" under "Site Details" and saved it. The settings.php file was updated correctly, but the change was not reflected in the admin panel or on my site, even after a refresh. I went away and came back 10 minutes later and the change was now showing. Any idea what could have caused the delay? This happens will all settings I've tried changing.
looks like cache is affecting or there is a problem with database server ..
Do you have any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem? I have no idea where to go from here. Thanks for your help!
you can add some test posts and check if they appear immediately on forum index page (last post column)

some times we find that changing permissions of files & folders do not reflect immediately due to cache
system at the web server. if it was the case, now all changes you do with settings should reflect without delay.

if above are not fulfilled then its better to contact your web host and seek support
This was solved by turning off caching on my NGINX server.