MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing an old database to the new website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lol removed
looks like your database is corrupt. can you export it again from the earlier web server
(2015-01-02, 01:36 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like your database is corrupt. can you export it again from the earlier web server

idk what that means
^ can you take the database backup again from earlier domain web host panel / forum admin panel and use it
(2015-01-02, 01:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ can you take the database backup again from earlier domain web host panel / forum admin panel and use it

I just did it now. Still didn't work
^ what exactly is the error you are getting ?
I actually created a new database and imported it into that one and it worked
but when I went to config,php and changed it to this:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'db name';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'db name';
$config['database']['password'] = 'pass';

it didn't work?

Alphas.sx is the domain name, when I go on it it still gives an error.

but I imported it all by backing up the db from the last domain, opening it in a text editor, copied it, went to the database on the new site, pasted it in the SQL in the new databse it went perfectly.

But how do I connect it to the site?
Because obviously it is not working.

I also copied all the files from the old site and put them into the new site via ftp.

this is making me more mad than it should
^ looks like user name or password is incorrect for the database. if they are correct then check user privileges for the database
(2015-01-02, 02:40 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ looks like user name or password is incorrect for the database. if they are correct then check user privileges for the database
YES!
IT WORKED!
OMG!