MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Ideas Site Launches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
That's a great idea in itself. Even if the votes do not effect the decision of the MyBB developers, at least they know what the users are dreaming for Wink ..

And since it's linked with forums, it won't be too difficult to go on and decide if real users want a specific feature.
How much was this site tested before being made public?  The page is blank in IE6 and while it works in Firefox, I can't load the individual pages to vote on something.  After I sign in, it just displays the html for the page, not the page itself.

Edit: Well, that's interesting... the html page apparently forwarded me back to the main page after login. Weird...
labrocca Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:This was discussed before and we agreed to not use it. First of all it would give the same effect as the Reputation system on this forum, which was closed for abuse reasons. And second, if you don't like the idea, just don't vote. It'll show the same either way, just not to a negative degree.

Yes but this isn't reputation. This is something that effects MANY mybb forum admins. Let's say 20+ people vote positive for an idea...yet 50 don't want it...how would the mybb team know? Doubtful that 50 people are going to bother posting a negative comment.

Looking at the ideas page once again...what about just having a seperate thumbs down? So an idea can't really get a negative like reputation. It would be counted seperately...10 people vote UP... 8 people vote thumbs down. I think this is fair...it gives a better idea of how the overall community is thinking of the idea. It's silly to only ask for positive votes on all ideas because that's all you will get...positive votes!

If you add a negative then people will abuse it As chris boulton stated. It's sad to say people are not mature, but it is what it is and I promise you they will.
DennisTT Wrote:If the vote doesn't affect the decision to implement the feature, then showing negative votes won't affect it either. *cough* *cough*

AngelAngelAngel

Just drop it already! And yes it does. Voting will show us what the community wants "most", but it is indeed our ultimate decision. The ideas site helps guide us to what we should implement first or improve first.

Galen Wrote:How much was this site tested before being made public? The page is blank in IE6 and while it works in Firefox, I can't load the individual pages to vote on something. After I sign in, it just displays the html for the page, not the page itself.

Edit: Well, that's interesting... the html page apparently forwarded me back to the main page after login. Weird...

We tested it on IE 6 before (crakter). Worked fine for him.
Well, glad it worked for crakter, lol. My issue in Firefox seems to've been a one-time glitch, but IE is still blank. Well, not "blank" actually. The source code is all there and the page seems to actually BE there (I can mouseover links and see the pointer change and the address show up at the bottom), it just seems to be invisible or something. Very strange.
Tikitiki Wrote:
Galen Wrote:How much was this site tested before being made public? The page is blank in IE6 and while it works in Firefox, I can't load the individual pages to vote on something. After I sign in, it just displays the html for the page, not the page itself.

We tested it on IE 6 before (crakter). Worked fine for him.

I did? Rolleyes
I just tried it with IE6 and I can confirm that you see a blank space. However, the contents seem to be hidden beneath this sheet of white, because I can see part of the right sidebar sticking out on the right behind the white.
the same here
Good marketingWink always stay close to your customers.

LOL people are not liking my suggestions Sad Toungue lol
Well...it's Chris's call but looking at the ideas already I am concerned about what's being voted for.

Currently #1 is "reason for edit" which will just add a column to the table and code that imho isn't bad to add.

#2 though is a visible portal link...something that takes a member 30 seconds to manually add if they so choose...silly imho

#3...this is the worst...Thread Subtitles...as if titles aren't good enough we need a subtitle? 100% ridiculous

Anyways...I won't go on anymore since Chris is smart enough imho not to listen to the garbage and maybe the whole "ideas" thing is just to have a place for people to vent. I am sure it will be useful for SOME ideas but imho the voting doesn't reflect the community as a whole.

I do thank you for creating it...it's pretty cool idea to have ideas. I am sure I will be creating a few myself.

One idea for the ideas though...what about making it anonymous as to the idea creator? This might keep abuse down since it's a concern. I don't see why we need know WHO created the idea anyways. Admins maybe could have access to that info but members imho don't need it. Just more thoughts...

Thanks again for reading and doing what you do.
labrocca Wrote:Well...it's Chris's call but looking at the ideas already I am concerned about what's being voted for.

Currently #1 is "reason for edit" which will just add a column to the table and code that imho isn't bad to add.

#2 though is a visible portal link...something that takes a member 30 seconds to manually add if they so choose...silly imho

#3...this is the worst...Thread Subtitles...as if titles aren't good enough we need a subtitle? 100% ridiculous

Anyways...I won't go on anymore since Chris is smart enough imho not to listen to the garbage and maybe the whole "ideas" thing is just to have a place for people to vent. I am sure it will be useful for SOME ideas but imho the voting doesn't reflect the community as a whole.

I do thank you for creating it...it's pretty cool idea to have ideas. I am sure I will be creating a few myself.

One idea for the ideas though...what about making it anonymous as to the idea creator? This might keep abuse down since it's a concern. I don't see why we need know WHO created the idea anyways. Admins maybe could have access to that info but members imho don't need it. Just more thoughts...

Thanks again for reading and doing what you do.
Not everyone thinks the same way you do - some might want something even though you see it as pointless. Your post made it sound like your opinion is superior to everyone else's...

And no, it wasn't just created for people to vent, it was created for us to see what people really want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5