MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Ideas Site Launches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It is too early Laborcca to judge if this reflect the opinion of all the users or not. The site was only launched today.

There are some good ideas anyway.. go over the lists again Big Grin
I've fixed the Internet Explorer 6 compatibility.

Anyone using it should really think about upgrading to IE 7 though.
Why did the text for the idea itself suddenly get really small?
Justin S. Wrote:Not everyone thinks the same way you do - some might want something even though you see it as pointless. Your post made it sound like your opinion is superior to everyone else's...

I resent that attitude. I only posted my OPINION. And it's a general rule that people think their own opinions are right since it's their opinion! I do not think I am superior to anyone else. I just have a voice and wish to be heard the same as any other member. You don't agree to like my opinion I can respect that but don't give me garbage that you think I have a superiority complex. I find that disrespectful in the least.
labrocca Wrote:#2 though is a visible portal link...something that takes a member 30 seconds to manually add if they so choose...silly imho
The whole point of my idea is to increase awareness of a very very useful but ultimately un-used part of MyBB! I know it takes a few seconds to add, I know that it is the Admin's choice whether to have it, but the fact still remains that a lot of users do not know it exists since it is not linked in any way to the rest of the MyBB package.

The option to remove it would either be in a setting or just take it out of the templates yourself.

In my experience, the Calendar is the most un-used feature in MyBB, and yet it has a place in the top-links. Many people use the portal as a kind of "blog", linking it to their news forum etc, and it looks great for a starting page since it has a login box, stats, latest threads, and the "blog" type feature.
Please don't discuss in this thread. Please make a comment on the ideas page instead if you wish to be heard. This is not the right thread.
Sorry Crakter, but it seemed appropriate to reply to a forum post in the forum...not in the ideas commenting.

Anyway, I've just noticed that the comments textarea is marked as "Required fields are marked with an asterisk", and yet it is the only field there...and if you try and post nothing it comes up with an error. It just seems a bit of a useless reminder...that is unless there are going to be more fields there at a later date?
Chris Boulton Wrote:I've fixed the Internet Explorer 6 compatibility.

Anyone using it should really think about upgrading to IE 7 though.
If MS had made it compatible with Windows 2000, I would Smile
I think this is a wonderful idea Smile
Very clean site, looks great and is very user friendly. Just what the users of MyBB ordered Smile
DrPoodle Wrote:Sorry Crakter, but it seemed appropriate to reply to a forum post in the forum...not in the ideas commenting.

Labrocca should have posted in the ideas site rather in this thread in the first place. (I'm not pointing fingers or badgering anyone to make myself clear)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5