MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been getting a lot of spam registrations from emails that end in .ru, but they do not post. Any idea why this would be. And is there a way to block .ru?
I ALWAYS block any .ru emails. Go to the section in admincp settings for banning. Add .ru to the banned list of emails. It will block anyone trying to signup with that in the email name. Smile I advise everyone to do this. I do it when I setup my site immediately.
I see, "ban username" , is that the same thing?
Can you paste the screenshot i want to see this to Smile Where is the banning list all i found "Banned Users" option.
labrocca Wrote:I ALWAYS block any .ru emails. Go to the section in admincp settings for banning. Add .ru to the banned list of emails. It will block anyone trying to signup with that in the email name. Smile I advise everyone to do this. I do it when I setup my site immediately.

Thanks, Labrocca. Smile
I added this to the list also. I've been getting tons of spam signups. :\
If anyone feel like answering question i will be here..... that where do i add the .ru there is one option i found for banning and that is user and when i add this .ru there it says there is no user in the name or something.
Hi,
under Board Settings>>Change>>Banning Options, you will see the Ban by Email box.
I hope thats help
Thanks you very much Smile