MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want minimum post system to view forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i want to make 3 forum and these forum show to every one on home page but when some one click to open it they see a message only those people can view it who have 100 post or threads even more or less.
for version 1.8.x not for 1.6.

Thank you
Regards : <- snip -> Shah Zeb Raza <- snip ->
you can create a new group with forum permission and new group promotion (if any one can made about 100 post they automatic promoted to new group and they will able to view the thread of forum )

it can done with mybb feature. no need plugin.
(2015-01-02, 12:09 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]you can create a new group with forum permission and new group promotion (if any one can made about 100 post they automatic promoted to new group and they will able to view the thread of forum )

Can You explain it step by step....
because i'm new in forums and in mybb.
(2015-01-02, 12:14 PM)shahzebraza Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 12:09 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]you can create a new group with forum permission and new group promotion (if any one can made about 100 post they automatic promoted to new group and they will able to view the thread of forum )

Make a new group.
Then

Home » User Group Promotions » Add New Promotion
Requirements: Post Count
New User Group: The group
User Group Change Type: Secondary

Then simply set the permissions to that forum with the group
@shahzebraza.

your pm disabled.

i cannot reply you to your your pm.

you can contact me at skype : rajeev-rrs with teamviewer access detail
(2015-01-02, 12:19 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-02, 12:14 PM)shahzebraza Wrote: [ -> ]

Make a new group.
Then

Home » User Group Promotions » Add New Promotion
Requirements: Post Count
New User Group: The group
User Group Change Type: Secondary

Then simply set the permissions to that forum with the group

i done these steps but not work with me. when i try to view forum view guest they can view it and when i try to login via user then i can see these forum when i remove forum permission user and guest people con't view , post, reply , create pool then my forum not show on home page.

can you do these changes for me via team viwer ?
send your teamviewer access detail in message

(2015-01-02, 12:27 PM)shahzebraza Wrote: [ -> ]i done these steps but not work with me. when i try to view forum view guest they can view it and when i try to login via user then i can see these forum when i remove forum permission user and guest people con't view , post, reply , create pool then my forum not show on home page.

(2015-01-02, 12:33 PM)rajeevrrs55 Wrote: [ -> ]send your teamviewer access detail in message

(2015-01-02, 12:27 PM)shahzebraza Wrote: [ -> ]i done these steps but not work with me. when i try to view forum view guest they can view it and when i try to login via user then i can see these forum when i remove forum permission user and guest people con't view , post, reply , create pool then my forum not show on home page.

are you there sir please come.. to tv
after setting up the promotion, you need to open the forum settings and remove the check for "Can view threads within forum?" for every group other than the new group you created for promotion... have you done that....
(2015-01-02, 02:02 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]after setting up the promotion, you need to open the forum settings and remove the check for "Can view threads within forum?" for every group other than the new group you created for promotion... have you done that....

not worked for me. can you come to my tv and do this all for me.
Pages: 1 2