MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you change "last post" date to updated date?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using My BB PHP version: 5.4.34

We just have a question. Our board is used mostly as a directory for our club members- we have a forum countries and states for club discounts, and then we use posts within the sub forums to list our club discounts. For example- a forum trail would be United States --> Connecticut--> post- Hartford Half Marathon, and the post lists our club discount.

Is there a way to change the Last Post date on the individual messages? We do not delete the messages as we make updates- we edit them. We'd like the message date to reflect the date it was updated and not the original post date. We're trying to avoid having to delete and do all new posts.

Thanks for your help and I apologize for our noob status.
there is no such facility available. you can change posts date through SQL queries with the database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin)

Edit: see common SQL queries guidance and this reply
(2015-01-03, 03:43 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]there is no such facility available. you can change posts date through SQL queries with the database manager (eg. phpMyAdmin)

The dateline field is an integer. What does it signify (seconds?) and how do you format the current date? If there is a Date() function apt to work with the dateline-field, I have not found it yet for MySQL. Sorry for that.

I venture, that the format is MyBB specific and that more information is needed to set specific dates correctly.

TIA.