MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use Mybb with other WebsiteScripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love mybb a lot, but I wanted to make my website look more clean at the Home Page. After Using a Program Similar to Wordpress, I can no longer use mybb. It changes a few files such as the index.php and a few other files? Please help
you can use whatever you want as the home site and use MyBB forum in a sub-folder (eg. site/forum)
Are you trying to get MyBB to look like it does on the frontpage? Apparently you can't do that.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-164810.html

You need to use another CMS. I'd recommend Get Simple if the homepage doesn't need to be complicated or fancy.
Well i kinda want the home page to be something like this for the url "www.mywebsite.com" and i want mybb to be "www.mywebsite.com/forums" or something along that lines
(2015-01-05, 11:44 PM)Fixer243 Wrote: [ -> ]Well i kinda want the home page to be something like this for the url "www.mywebsite.com" and i want mybb to be "www.mywebsite.com/forums" or something along that lines
(2015-01-03, 03:36 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use whatever you want as the home site and use MyBB forum in a sub-folder (eg. site/forum)

just as said above by .m. you can install mybb in a sub-folder...

create a folder named "forums" inside public_html in your server and upload mybb files inside the "forums" folder and install it from www.mywebsite.com/forums/install/index.php

same way upload the software (say WP) or template you want as main site to public_html folder....