MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please explain the use of tcat and thead images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have figured out that tcat and thead are blocking my colour changes, and they are 0kb png transparent images. tcat is 1x100 and thead is 1x40. I' am guessing this is too force a minimum size for those using a low resolution and other formatting reasons. If someone has no CSS experience this is a major roadblock, it is an archaic method for modern browsers and CSS. It would be nice if someone could explain how to fix changing colours of tcat and thead to people. If my surmise is correct than I guess it falls to me. A little miffed though, that I have spent so much time tracking this down with no replies. Hopefully this works to create this silly little pngs so the colours will change.

It worked. So all those having troubles changing the category and table head colours here is what you do.

You will find these two classes in global.css and can scroll down to them in the drop down menu in Simple Mode.
1. For .tcat (transparent category) create a 1x100 .png with a transparent background. Save it as 'something_tcat.png'.
2. Do the same for .thead except as 1x40. Name as 'something_thead.png'. I suggest the prefix being an abbreviation of the theme name, the shorter the better.
3. Upload the images you just created to the images folder.
4. Now go to .tcat. There will be an HTML colour code. #2d32c4 is the blue I' am using for example. Change that too what you want. Right after that is url(tcat.png). Change the filename in the brackets too what you named your png.
5. Repeat for .thead.
6. Did I mention to save your changes? ;-)
why dont you just keep the color remove the images if you are not using them....  that would the right and better way than adding a transparent image....

.thead {background: #2d32c4;}
(2015-01-03, 11:28 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]why dont you just keep the color remove the images if you are not using them....  that would the right and better way than adding a transparent image....

.thead {background: #2d32c4;}

Then you would have to add formatting code to the style sheet. I was hoping someone could explain the reasoning, it has been 10 years since I worked with CSS. Maybe I' am wrong and there is a very good reason to use images. It was done a lot in early 2000's with tables. It insured our HTML Tables would have a proper column width and the formatting would look word processor quality.