MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB lacking with themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone else feel MyBB is lacking with themes?
MyBB 1.6 has some great themes but MyBB 1.8 has no themes I like.

I know what you'll going to say buy a custom made theme but I don't feel like it since they get ripped and put all over the internet for everyone else to use.
I feel as though theme developers are getting lazier, the last theme that was created for MyBB was probably early last year which was for MyBB 1.6?
There are a good 40+ themes for MyBB 1.8 available. Theme developers aren't getting lazier -- 1.8 introduces lots of changes to the default theme which requires most themes to be rewritten from scratch. If you think there's a lack of themes for 1.8 you know what to do.
(2015-01-03, 03:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you seen here => http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

Of course. They look like they have been made with paint.
No need to be rude Ashley. There are some excellent themes for MyBB 1.8 If you think they are so rubbish - make your own. If you can't make a theme then I suggest you STFU about theme quality.
(2015-01-03, 05:49 PM)Ashley S Wrote: [ -> ]Of course. They look like they have been made with paint.

And that's exactly the reason why there are not many themes. People like you who completely lack respect for the free voluntary products and who don't bother to contribute anything themselves and are only able to complain. These words were shameful, especially that there are some high quality themes.
(2015-01-03, 05:55 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]No need to be rude Ashley. There are some excellent themes for MyBB1.8 If you think they are so rubbish - make your own.

Guessing I am missing something then? There's a few MyBB themes in the MODs section but there not my taste.
Is there any other websites with MyBB 1.8 themes? I have checked audentio etc.
"Not to your taste" != "allowed to be a rude petulant person".

You could always pay someone to make you a theme.
@Ashley S, I've seen you posting this all over (on different forums) too. What do you plan to accomplish with this campaign anyway?
(2015-01-03, 09:08 PM)theezy Wrote: [ -> ]@Ashley S, I've seen you posting this all over (on different forums) too.  What do you plan to accomplish with this campaign anyway?

People to be united in themes across the world  Big Grin haha.

MyBB has enough themes giving the age of 1.8, if you want to improve development get involved yourself, buy something or use MyBB and encourage development. 
Pages: 1 2