MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When will StopForumSpam work in 1.8.3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am dying without it...getting slammed
It works for me.

Are you talking about the plug-in? if so you no longer need it as it's in the ACP Board Settings.
I don't see it in the settings though....Where do I find it? Or do I need to delete the plugin for it to show?

I have removed the old plugin from the plugin folder...and still, not stop forum spam in settings, within the ACP.
I deleted the plugin before upgrading, so yes you will probably need to remove all trace of the old plugin.

But I'm not sure if that will also remove part of the built in version. You could try it, or wait till someone else answers.

But it's in your Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > down near the bottom "Stop Forum Spam (10 settings)"
I deleted the file. Not sure what else I can do. Please don tell me I will have to reinstall 1.83. Ugh.
And that's exactly the reason - you uninstalled the old plugin in 1.8.x (shouldn't have been installed in the first place) which removed the settings. Now you need to readd the setting group manually in phpMyAdmin.

(2014-10-24, 10:31 PM)Mumak Wrote: [ -> ]I run into the same problem and it was relatively easy to fix.

First you need to add the settings group which was probably deleted. This can be done via the ACP:
Open ACP -> Configuration -> Add New Setting Group (a tab the top)
name="stopforumspam"
title="Stop Forum Spam"
description="This section allows you to change the settings used for the integration with StopForumSpam.com"
disporder="27"

Then you should add the particular settings, but when I tried that, it reported an error that they are already present. That will save time Smile
So you need to modify the database. Open the mybb_settings table and search for "enablestopforumspam_on_register" and other settings. They should be present. Notice their "gid" value, in my case it was 23. Now open the mybb_settinggroups table and locate the "stopforumspam" row. Change its gid to the gid found in the mybb_settings table (23 in my case). You should also change the isdefault to 1.

Now you should have all settings back.
And next time follow the upgrade guide: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade...ur-upgrade Deactivating plugins is required before bigger upgrades. Before smaller like 1.8.2 -> 1.8.4 it can be skipped.
I did deactivate all plugins when I updated. I must have tried to install that plugin after?

I will try what you posted above. Thank you!

(2015-01-03, 04:01 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]And that's exactly the reason - you uninstalled the old plugin in 1.8.x (shouldn't have been installed in the first place) which removed the settings. Now you need to readd the setting group manually in phpMyAdmin.

(2014-10-24, 10:31 PM)Mumak Wrote: [ -> ]I run into the same problem and it was relatively easy to fix.

First you need to add the settings group which was probably deleted. This can be done via the ACP:
Open ACP -> Configuration -> Add New Setting Group (a tab the top)
name="stopforumspam"
title="Stop Forum Spam"
description="This section allows you to change the settings used for the integration with StopForumSpam.com"
disporder="27"

Then you should add the particular settings, but when I tried that, it reported an error that they are already present. That will save time Smile
So you need to modify the database. Open the mybb_settings table and search for "enablestopforumspam_on_register" and other settings. They should be present. Notice their "gid" value, in my case it was 23. Now open the mybb_settinggroups table and locate the "stopforumspam" row. Change its gid to the gid found in the mybb_settings table (23 in my case). You should also change the isdefault to 1.

Now you should have all settings back.
And next time follow the upgrade guide: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade...ur-upgrade Deactivating plugins is required before bigger upgrades. Before smaller like 1.8.2 -> 1.8.4 it can be skipped.

Is there an easier way to do this?  The ADD NEW SETTING option has fields you have not mentioned and I don't know what to enter.

I tried what you said and all it did was add a StopForumSpam on yes or no...not settings.   I am TOTALLY confused.

There MUST be an easier way.

Any easy solution for this? I am getting slammed.

Can anyone help me out here?