MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discussion subject in replies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I prepare a reply in a discussion I see the discussion subject as "RE: subject of start post". This is in a field that can be edited, but when you change it this does not become visible when the reply is posted. Subjects of individual replies are not shown in threadview.

Is there a setting that I have missed?

Regards,

Ad Bakker
it is removed from MyBB 1.8.x. some users wanted removal of it for SEO purposes ..

see also replies at subject in posts is not shown
Thanks. It remains strange though that it has not been removed from the editor screen!!

Regards,

Ad Bakker
It wasn't exactly been removed, just hidden away. If you hover over the date on the post it will show the post subject.
I decided to solve this myself.

In template postbit line 23:

{$post['subject_extra']}
replaced by:

<br /><strong>{$lang->subject} </strong>{$post['subject']}
Then added the line below to file inc/languages/english/showthread.lang.php

$l['subject'] = "Subject:";

The same line added to other language files, with the correct translation of course.
This now gives:

[attachment=33446]

I don't remember how it looked originally, but this works for me. Smile

Regards,

Ad Bakker
Subject is useless and it should be removed... or if mybb team wanna leave it in mybb, then it should be shown in a post, not hidden
(2015-01-07, 06:22 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Subject is useless and it should be removed... or if mybb team wanna leave it in mybb, then it should be shown in a post, not hidden

They will be removed in 2.0. In 1.8 it was easier to "deprecate" it than to remove it completely.
(2015-01-07, 06:46 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]They will be removed in 2.0. In 1.8 it was easier to "deprecate" it than to remove it completely.

But I hope that the subject field in the post editor screen is removed too. Now you can enter text there which is never shown!!
(2015-01-07, 07:18 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-07, 06:46 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]They will be removed in 2.0. In 1.8 it was easier to "deprecate" it than to remove it completely.

But I hope that the subject field in the post editor screen is removed too. Now you can enter text there which is never shown!!

They're still shown on Threaded Mode which is still a supported feature in the 1.8 series.
(2015-01-08, 04:27 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]They're still shown on Threaded Mode which is still a supported feature in the 1.8 series.
I know, but talking about antique.... Big Grin . I'd rather have it replaced by "last post first" in linear mode.
They are also still shown in the "Printable Version".