MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB.com is crisper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Though I use stock MyBB on my forum, I feel the forum here is a bit crisper than my set up. Just wondering what could be the reason. I have been to a few other MyBB forums as well. But the official forum is just awesomely smooth.
community.mybb.com runs on multiple dedicated servers and uses NGINX + php-fpm. I'm guessing you're using shared hosting, which would make performance unpredictable and often slow.
And even then on "Cloudflare days" - MyBB Community Forums is far far from crisp Smile
(2015-01-04, 05:14 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]community.mybb.com runs on multiple dedicated servers and uses NGINX + php-fpm. I'm guessing you're using shared hosting, which would make performance unpredictable and often slow.

(2015-01-04, 05:18 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]And even then on "Cloudflare days" - MyBB Community Forums is far far from crisp Smile

Thanks for the insight guys Smile
Any forum can be as 'crisp' as this with the right setup.

Do some research into Nginx, PHP5-FPM, MariaDB, Memcached (or RAMDisks if you have volatile memory to spare).