MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Hacked Previously - Restoring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I've neglected my forum somewhat recently, and it has been hacked when i was on an earlier version of mybb 1.8

As a result, the hackers deleted ~20k posts. My question is:

How can i restore an old database back up, but capture some of the threads that have been created in the meantime?

i.e. get the ~20k back + any new posts
basically you have to manually insert into threads table & posts table. its a lot of manual work!
from the database backup export only required content from the threads table & the posts table & insert into active database ..
Is there a simple way of comparing two mysql databases and extracting only the different information between them?
^ replies here might help (external site). I've no experience with such tools
Interesting, hmm.

I'd put the forum in maintenance mode for now and install some mod to delete all topics/posts from the day you was hacked. This should leave your database with just the posts that you want merged into your backup database.

Now, go to your database management tool for your backed up database and import the relevant tables.

That should work, I think. Try it on a test install before touching your live database and of course, take backups of both databases.
im good with sql databases if you can add me on skype GamesPuff i might be able to help.