MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install DVZ Shoutbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to install this for a while, and can't figure out what to do.

Here is the readme instructions"
Quote:1. include jQuery library [jquery.com] in your 'headerinclude'
template if it is not present already
2. add CSS from STYLES.txt to your board stylesheets
3. add {$dvz_shoutbox} to your index template
4. install the plugin in the ACP

and here is the styles.txt:
Quote:/* DVZ Shoutbox */
#shoutbox { margin-bottom: 10px; }
#shoutbox div.thead { padding: 6px; font-weight: bold; }
#shoutbox.front .thead { cursor: pointer; }
#shoutbox .thead .right { float: right; margin: 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; color: #EEE; }
#shoutbox.collapsed .thead { opacity: 0.6; }
#shoutbox.collapsed .body { display: none; }
#shoutbox .panel { padding: 1px 0; background: #FAFAFA; }
#shoutbox input.text { padding: 8px; width: 100%; box-sizing: border-box; background: #FFF; border: 1px solid #CCC; box-shadow: inset 0 0 8px #EEE; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000; }
#shoutbox .minposts, #shoutbox .blocked { padding: 6px; font-size: 11px; }
#shoutbox .panel.minposts { background: #FFFED8; color: #727250; }
#shoutbox .panel.blocked { background: #FCEFEF; color: #543A3A; }
#shoutbox .panel p { margin: 0; }
#shoutbox .window { padding: 1px; border: solid 1px #EEE; overflow-y: scroll; }
#shoutbox .data { display: table; width: 100%; background: #FFF; font: 12px Arial, sans-serif; }
#shoutbox .entry { display: table-row !important; width: 100%; transition: background-color 0.2s; }
#shoutbox .entry:nth-child(even) { background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.02); }
#shoutbox .entry.new { background-color: rgba(255,255,100,0.1); }
#shoutbox .entry > div { border-bottom: dashed 1px #F4F4F4; }
#shoutbox .entry:last-child > div { border-bottom: none; }
#shoutbox .avatar { display: table-cell; padding: 6px; }
#shoutbox .avatar img { margin: 0 auto; vertical-align: middle; max-height: 20px; max-width: 20px; border: solid 1px #FFF; box-shadow: 0 0 2px #E0E0E0; }
#shoutbox .user { display: table-cell; margin: 0; padding: 6px; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; }
#shoutbox .text { display: table-cell; margin: 0; width: 100%; padding: 6px; color: #555; }
#shoutbox .call { cursor: pointer; color: #AAAAAA; }
#shoutbox .info { display: table-cell; padding: 4px; font-size: 11px; color: #AAA; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; }
#shoutbox .info .date { margin-right: 5px; }
#shoutbox .info .ip { margin-right: 5px; color: #CECECE; }
#shoutbox .mod { padding: 6px 8px; font-size: 9px; font-weight: bold; color: #AAA; text-decoration: none; }
#shoutbox .mod:nth-of-type(2) { border-left: solid 1px #EEE; }
#shoutbox .ip { margin-left: 10px; }

Where is it talking about when it says add css from styles.txt to board stylsheets? How do I get to where I need to paste this? Then when it says add dvz_shoutbox, where do I put that?

Thanks, I am new to this.
These instructions come from an earlier version of the plugin - you should download the latest one (http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=63 - build #7).

The CSS code needs to be a added into a new or existing CSS file in Templates & Style → Themes → [your theme]. For example, at the bottom of the global.css file.
Add the following CSS In global.CSS of your themes.
Moved to Plugin Support.
Hi,

the instalation is done on my side , but once the folder "plugin" is installed the "plugin section" in the admin panel doesn´t show any plugins anymore....

Any ideas?
Thanks
Do you have PHP version 5.4 or higher? If not, you need to have your host update that for you. Youcan find out your version on the home page of the ACP.
Hi,

thanks for the support.........Yes it´s done with the 5.4 version ....Now the CHAT PLUGIN is available to be activated in the plugin section.

The followin steps have been done too:

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/3287/1uOpaJ.jpg

But the chat box still invisible on the page....

What am i missing ? tHANKS.
Can you give a link to your forum url and a test account?
On which part of Global.css do i have to put the code?