MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vanilla to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please give my options. I have a fairly recent forum which has url components in Indic language. Wondering whether I would be able to reproduce them in MyBB.
The merge system won't work ? o: They have Vanilla support... Your database isn't in UTF-8 ?
(Oh, hi from Nodebb :p )
(2015-01-08, 07:57 AM)Technowix Wrote: [ -> ]The merge system won't work ? o: They have Vanilla support... Your database isn't in UTF-8 ?
(Oh, hi from Nodebb :p )

hey Techno Blush

I am not sure whether it is possible. So asked for expert advice.
does vanilla provide SEF URLs without using a plugin ?
assuming that this is your Vanilla forum, may be you can turn off SEF URLs and do the merge

a clean database of original system is preferred (without plugins settings) for the Merge system.
Note: I've no experience with migration from Vanilla
Yes. The same. The content specific URLs are by default. Shall I just disable all plugins and get the DB ? My shared URLs are brining some traffic. Wondering if it is possible for me to make the current URLs point the new.

By the way, thanks a lot for the reply.
^ yes, disable all plugins on Vanilla forum and backup its database to use for Merge system.
perhaps its better to try Merge with local installation & experiment with Google SEO plugin for MyBB