MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spontaneous Pinterest link?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, we can't really do anything here. If you don't know which application on your PC causes it then it's probably some sort of malware. You should scan your PC using apps like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, AdwCleaner, Adware Removal Tool, etc.
(2015-01-20, 09:42 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we can't really do anything here. If you don't know which application on your PC causes it then it's probably some sort of malware. You should scan your PC using apps like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, AdwCleaner, Adware Removal Tool, etc.

Edited my post that after restarting browser that did the fix. Link no longer shows up in posts/signatures.
I have the same problem on my forum too. It seems that it has something to do with a pinterest app on the users computer. I have a few people with this issue, some are a little freaked out and are worried about viruses on the forum! 
What can I do to fix the problem? 

Here is an example in a post:

www.macrameforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21

The forum is brand new, and I'm a noob so go easy on me  Rolleyes

Thanks!
Nadja
(2015-03-19, 05:46 PM)Bushbaby77 Wrote: [ -> ]What can I do to fix the problem?

As mentioned in earlier posts - nothing. It's a buggy browser extension and your users use it on their own responsibility. You can only encourage them to uninstall it if they're worried about it. Or to report this issue to the creators of the extension.
this is probably the funniest thread i've ever read on MyBB
woops my bad. I suppose I should have read ALL of the posts before asking! Thanks for getting past the face palm moment and re-re-answering the question Big Grin
Pages: 1 2