MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum icons or font awesome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
which one is better to have for page loading purpose. Im thinking of adding each forum to have on unique icon so i wish to know which would be best for less space taking and quicker load time.
Font awesome depending on the number of forums. Loading the whole of FontAwesome from the CDN will probably be better for loading than a load of png images. Yea, you could sprite them of course,but still. If the FA icon set covers all the images you want go with FontAwesome
Thanks Leefiish, i have 26 forums but only index will have the icons. I have never done font awesome for each forum so i will strugle as it is but not sure if its worth the hassle like icons which are easy to do.
I prefer font awesome as its easy to customize the icons since its just a text... also all icons would load at the same time, once the stylesheet is loaded rather than loading each icon individually if images are used...
There is a tutorial by EricJ in the tutorial section here on the MyBB community forums. Have a look - its easy to follow.
Font Awesome trends these days.