MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Indepth Administrator Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a suggestion which I feel not just myself but many other users would also benefit from. I feel that there should be more control over the permissions the super administrator can assign other administrators. The super administrator is limited to each section not item. For example, an administrator may want to give someone permission to edit user profiles but not move them to another group.
Good !!!
Anyone else care to offer any feedback?
I can definitely vouch for more granular permissions being a good thing.
Now that suggestions are beginning to be confirmed this needs to be taken into consideration for 2.0.
Would definitely make sense to have more power over what administrators can do at a finer level I reckon.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
I think a permission part that can allow or disallow an administrator to move users into admin groups would also be fitting, seeing as it could be used for security purposes, or to better advance the productivity and usage of community forums.
I would like thesuper admin to be able to choose from a list of permissions to grant them when adding them as admin. I believe xenforo has something like this