MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How put/copy a thread to the first place?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
Is there a way to put/copy a thread in a forum from the 10th position in the first place ?

THX for your answer!

Greets,
blongso
As a moderator or administrator you can make the discussion important, then it will stay on the 1st place.

Regards,

Ad Bakker
(2015-01-06, 05:37 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]As a moderator or administrator you can make the discussion important, then it will stay on the 1st place.

Regards,

Ad Bakker

@Ad Bakker
Can you explain the How To me please? I'm stuck ...
If I edit the thread in " important discussions ", the thread #10 is still not set in the first place.

THX
In thread view you see at the bottom below all posts a menu "Moderation Options" (when logged in as a moderator or admin). From this menu you choose "stick/unstick thread". Then it becomes the 1st one in the list (you have made the thread "sticky").

Regards,

Ad Bakker
re,
I have expressed myself wrong ... sorry ...

I try to explain ...

A new posting has been created and the user answer.

[Image: htsdpl.jpg]

For example, I want to put the message 3, to the first place (first posting)

I hope I was now a bit clearer  Undecided

THX!
I think that will only be possible with a proper plugin. But I find it a strange goal. You than make a chronologically older post the startpost of the thread, isn't this history faking?

Realize also that the first post of a thread is an important one. When you delete the first post, you delete the whole thread. The opening post states the reason to start the thread, when you place another message before that the logic of the thread becomes very strange.

The first post also defines the title of the thread.

Regards,

Ad Bakker
re,

The post that I want to move to the first position contains important information ... and is of the order of her as a "start thread" Big Grin

THX,
blongso