MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 1.6.7 (1607)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how can i get old copy of mybb 1607 script??
pls help
dear sir, i cant understand by "not to be used on live forum"???

i have forum on that and i want to reinstall it again fresh copy. so is it adviced to install this version or higher??
if you want to stay with 1.6 and chose not to upgrade to 1.8, then 1.6.16 is the version you need to use as it is the latest version and has fixes for many security vulnerabilities..
(2015-01-07, 05:48 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]dear sir, i cant understand by "not to be used on live forum"???

i have forum on that and i want to reinstall it again fresh copy. so is it adviced to install this version or higher??

If you want to start from fresh you need to use the latest stable version of MyBB. Either 1.6.16 or 1.8.3.

http://www.mybb.com/download/
you can upgrade your forum to MyBB 1.6.16 like this

1 turn forum off line. deactivate all the plugins one by one
2 download ~/inc/config.php file & ~/inc/settings.php file
3 take backup of the database
4 upload MyBB 1.6.16 files.
5 upload back your earlier config.php file & settings.php file
6 upgrade your forum by visiting forumurl/install/upgrade.php
Thanks but what will happened to attachment in 'uploads' folder.
will step 4 not complete upgrade???
as in installation guide there is no need to upgrade. so step 6 is required? if yes than which file to choose for upgrade.
4. upload MyBB 1.6.16 files by overwriting earlier version files
so earlier attachments are kept. they do not get deleted.

upgrading forum by visiting upgrade script & following its instructions is necessary
Thanks for nice information.

One help required suppose as per example ....xthreads
i take backup of xthreads uploads,mybbusers,posts,threads and also template for xthread from 1607 and than i reupload all on 1616 from phpmyadmin than on 1616 xthreads attachments, same users and posts, threads remain or not???

while deactivating myaward..it show following error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1091 - Can't DROP 'awards'; check that column/key exists
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users DROP awards