MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost domain account number and password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have assumed the admin of a forum to which the domain subscription has lapsed. The previous admin has passed away and no one knows how to get the username and password so I can renew the account. The domain is supplied by GoDaddy. So far GoDaddy has not been able to help me get a renewal. Has anyone had any experience with this type of issue? Would the domain information be somewhere in the CP  files? How can I get this forum back up and running without waiting for months? Can I get another domain name and how would I reconcile that change in the system?

Background info:
Discussion Notes

Support Staff Response
Thank you for contacting Domain Services. We express our condolences for your loss. To further process this change of account request, we require a color copy, scan, or digital picture of the information be sent to [email protected].

1. A copy of business ID for the company listed as the registrant/account holder.
(Please send one of the following)
- A copy of a government-issued business license, which is issued from a local, county, state, or federal agency.
- For U.S. based Businesses we can accept an EIN/TIN Assignment Letter from the IRS. You may request a copy of this letter by contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-4933.

**Note: We cannot accept copies of articles of incorporation/organization, applications, documents printed from the internet, or tax returns as business ID.

In order to gain control of the account itself, the Estate Administrator must submit the request.

1. A properly completed Change request form with the Estate Administrator listed as the requestor. This form is located at: https://supportcenter.secureserver.net//...x?ci=58841

2. Legal documentation listing the name of the Estate administrator.

3. Death Certificate

4. We require the government-issued photo identification be a color copy, scan, or digital picture containing the pictured person, name, signature, and expiration date clearly identifiable.

5. If a business is listed as the registrant/account holder, please provide a copy of the business id.
(Examples of acceptable government-issued business identification)
-A copy of a government-issued business license, which is issued from a local, county, state, or federal agency.
-For U.S. based Businesses we can accept an IRS "Determination Letter". You may request a copy of this letter by contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-4933.

**Note: We cannot accept copies of articles of incorporation/organization, applications, documents printed from the internet, or tax returns as business ID.

Once this is received we will inform you if there is anything additional information needed to process your request, or we will let you know that your request has been completed. If you need further clarification please contact us at (480) 366-3334 or email us at [email protected].
Customer Inquiry
Information regarding your request With my Request for Application for Change I had attached a scan of my Veterans Identification  which fits the criteria of item 1 ? Yes, no? This web domain is not a business, it is a social forum for Vietnam Veterans. There is no business conducted on this site. If you need anymore information please contact me immediately. [email protected] , [email protected] 

Discussion Notes

Support Staff Response
The previous owner of the domain has a period of time in which he/she can redeem the domain name and make it active again.  If the domain is not redeemed, it will go back to the registry 42 days after the expiration date. The registry will then release it to the public for registration after about another 30-day hold period, unless a backorder is placed on the domain in which case the domain will then go to the person who backordered it prior to its release to the registry.  For more information about the expiration/redemption process or to backorder the domain, please contact our Customer Support department at 480-505-8877.
Customer Inquiry
Information regarding your request I have contacted Mr. XXX wife to see if she can find the account number. Chances are pretty slim that she will be able to supply this. In the meantime can I buy the domain name? It will lapse at some point in time. How long do I have before you delete the account? What other options do I have to save this web site? There must be someone there who has authority to access that account and reopen it. This can’t be the first time this has happened. Respectfully, 
I'm not sure why no one has replied to this -- hopefully you still check it or have found the answer by now.

First off, I am sorry for your loss.
Secondly, GoDaddy - I hate the account number thing. I always end up losing information to my accounts that way.

Have you tried recovering the account number if you have access to the old admins e-mail?
That really is your best shot.