MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fix 'Smiles' box showing some images & some only text-descriptions ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After adding some text (at the' newthread' template) above the 'Your Message' box, the New Thread 'Smiles' box is showing some smile images and some smile text-descriptions (scrnshot attached).

The added text is a (amateur I admit Confused ) temp alternative answer to the 12-09-2014  [How To?] include text boxes in new standard thread post form message box  question, which has not had any comments yet.

Thoughts on how to 'correct'... ie show all images, not text ?
We have completely no clue which code you used, sharing it here would be a good thing.. Please keep in mind that providing as many details as possible will result in faster help.
Thanks for the reply.
Code is as follows...

<!-- working with message text 'rules' text area and added title notes below, 150107... changed cols="70" to "60" -->
<font color="red"><font size="2">  
<u>Please Note:</u> &nbsp If you are entering info in for the 
<br>
<font size="3">
Specific Category
<br>
<font size="2">
forums, please use the following format, thank you.
<br>
<font size="3">
Name:__________
<br>       
Phone:__________
</font>
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="60" tabindex="2">
{$message}
</textarea>

(2015-01-08, 04:28 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]We have completely no clue which code you used, sharing it here would be a good thing.. Please keep in mind that providing as many details as possible will result in faster help.
make sure you are closing as many font tags you have opened... i see 5 font tags opened but only one closed.... not sure whether that has any impact on your issue...

btw, usage of <font> tag is not preferred nowadays, use span and style it with css instead....
Either fix what mmadhankumar said or you can use this plugin which does a similar thing: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=322 If I understood the other thread correctly (again, not enough details), it will be more suitable for your needs.
Thank you for the suggestion/s !
Yes, adding the </font> closure tags did seem to fix the 'smiles' display problem, although in our normal use of font tags, adding the </font> tag at the end of the end of several font changes usually seems to work... but seems like 'smiles' dont like it.  
Rolleyes
Quote:mmadhankumar
make sure you are closing as many font tags you have opened... i see 5 font tags opened but only one closed.... not sure whether that has any impact on your issue.

Thanks, will definitely look at the plugin !

Quote:Destroy666
Either fix what mmadhankumar said or you can use this plugin which does a similar thing: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=322 If I understood the other thread correctly (again, not enough details), it will be more suitable for your needs.