MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Page with specific category
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've successfully learned how to create my own custom page within Mybb.

I'm curious if it's possible, on the custom pages, to include a specific category within that page?

What I'd like to do, is create landing pages for specific categories in my forums. I don't want the page to be filled with the entire forum, but a specific category that is related to the custom page.

For example: If I have players that play Battlefield -- I make a custom battlefield group page and only have the forum category that is related to Battlefield show up on said page.
HI sorry to bump,
I think this thread is explaining what I'd like to do. ( I just didn't know what to technically call it)

http://community.mybb.com/thread-116225-...pid1088165

Could someone explain in more details how I can add the forum jump into a custom page for a specific category/forum?

Thanks
For the parameter $pid put the fid of the category. Ex. If the fid of your category is 5, you will use
build_forum_jump(5,"", "", "", 0, true);

You might also try build_forumbits(5,1);
So the part I'm getting confused at is do I add this code into the actual php file or the page template?

I'm guessing if I add it to the php file then how do I call it into the template?
You do it in the php file.
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";
$myvar = build_forum_jump(5, "", "", "", 0, true);
output_page($myvar);
?>
(2015-01-22, 11:13 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You do it in the php file.

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
$myvar = build_forum_jump(5, "", "", "", 0, true);
output_page($myvar);
?>

<?php 

define('IN_MYBB', 1); 

require_once "inc/functions_forumlist.php";
$myvar = build_forum_jump(9, "", "", "", 0, true);

add_breadcrumb("Art of War Member", "aowmember.php"); 

eval("\$html = \"".$templates->get("aowmember")."\";"); 

output_page($html);

?>

Hi Dragon,

Thanks for having patience with me. I'm new to mybb and I'm learning how it all works.

So I have this in my custom php page, but I'm not sure how it shows up inside of my aowmember template.
Your aowmember template will need to have {$myvar} where you want the forum jump to be.
Hi again Dragon,

I assumed that was the case , so I included the {$myvar} code in my aowmember template in the admin cp. I refresh the page and it doesn't show the forum jump at all. So, I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly.

So , upon playing with the code, this does display a forumjump box :

build_forum_jump($pid="0", $selitem="", $addselect="1", $depth="", $showextras="1", $showall=false, $permissions="", $name="fid") 

However; the build_forumbits still isn't displaying anything.

I've included the
require_once "inc/functions_forumlist.php";
in the file

also I've tried
$myvar = build_forumbits($pid=3, $depth=1);
and
$myvar = build_forumbits(3,1);