MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change group id
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi can some one tell me how to change group id in ACP
so guests are say 1
admin 2 etc etc,
its seems there all set on default

mybb 1.8 version

thanks.
changing default group IDs is not recommended. please see this related discussion
The default user id,s are all the same , either 1 or 0
so when I'm adding a plugin that needs group id numbers to make it work
it wont show because when i chose lets say the 0 it means guests are default 0 , mods are default 0 ,banned users are default 0
so how do i change so each default group has a different id. that's all i want.
Quote:so how do i change so each default group has a different id. that's all i want.

You can't without breaking core functionality. I'm unable to understand what the issue you're having with the plugin is, though.
@greg1973 looks like your MyBB forum installation is corrupt. would you like to PM me temporary access to admin panel to check ..
(2015-01-08, 02:14 PM)NathanĀ Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:so how do i change so each default group has a different id. that's all i want.

You can't without breaking core functionality. I'm unable to understand what the issue you're having with the plugin is, though.

This is what i see in the groups when in acp

http://prntscr.com/5pxl8e

how dose the other groups have an id ?

the mybb was down loaded from here and is bog standard with no custom work done
That's just the order of which the groups will show on the showteam page. The other groups aren't team groups so can't be put in any particular order.
MyBB default group IDs are like this

Guests => 1
Members => 2
Super Moderators => 3
Administrators => 4
awaiting activation => 5
Moderators => 6
Banned => 7
(2015-01-08, 02:42 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB default group IDs are like this

Guests => 1
Members => 2
Super Moderators => 3
Administrators => 4
awaiting activation => 5
Moderators => 6
Banned => 7

and where do you see the groupd id,s like that in acp ?

as you have it above would suit,
^ see this reply. Browser status bar indicates group ID when mouse pointer is hovered on the group in admin panel