MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Splitting thread decrease the thread count of user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when a thread is formed by splitting a post from another thread, this split thread doesn't increase the thread count of that user... it however, results in decrease of the thread count...

To check: http://www.mybbtest.tk/member.php?action=profile&uid=5

before splitting, Posts: 3, Threads: 2

after splitting, Posts: 3, Threads: 1 (instead of 3)
I can confirm
Do you need to recount and rebuild?
(2015-01-09, 04:55 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Do you need to recount and rebuild?

Recount and rebuild should certainly fix the thread count.. but I didn't do it to allow others to check...
So it should be recounted automatically after each post/thread merge? Can you test it if it fix your problem
yes the count should update automatically after splitting/merging threads/posts... and it does update automatically here also, but in a negative way, as it reduces the count instead of increasing it....

I will try the recount and also test few more possibilities of this bug while on a pc tomorrow....
(2015-01-09, 05:36 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]and also test few more possibilities of this bug while on a pc tomorrow....

That would be nice to know before we push it, I feel it may affect some other mod tools too.
*Recount has fixed the issue as expected and reflects correct values

*Merge Posts fromĀ Inline Post Moderation works correctly

*Split Posts from Inline Post Moderation results in reduction in thread count by 1 (say from 3 to 2)

*Split Thread from Moderation Options results in reduction in thread count (original bug reported in #1)

*Merge threads from Moderation Options reduced the thread count by 2 (say from 4 to 2)
I can confirm them all
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1751

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group