MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No automatic GoMobile theme op mobiele devices..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there!

I uploaded the GoMobile theme for Mybb 1.8 to my forum. I don't edit anything to the templates, but when I visit my forum, the default theme is previewing! I thought that the theme automatic was editing when you go to you forum on your mobile device.

How can I edit my settings that as I preview my forum on mobile, the GoMobile theme preview?

Regards, Thijs.

(Sorry for bad English)
have you install and activated gomobile plugin??
Edit: delayed response

have you also activated its plugin and configured the settings ?
I am having the same problem on my site.
GoMobile just doesn't work well on 1.8, I had to ditch. I had some fruitless attempts trying to get it to work, but couldn't (no surprise there...)
I am now using th MyResponsive 0.4 and at least new users can register (unlike GoMobile) and the icons and translations are all there and more or less correct Big Grin
(2015-01-08, 09:14 PM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]GoMobile just doesn't work well on 1.8, I had to ditch. I had some fruitless attempts trying to get it to work, but couldn't (no surprise there...)
I am now using th MyResponsive 0.4 and at least new users can register (unlike GoMobile) and the icons and translations are all there and more or less correct Big Grin

It stand by themes for mybb 1.8...

(2015-01-08, 05:15 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: delayed response

have you also activated its plugin and configured the settings ?

I had a bad plugin from a mad site Toungue

There isn't a plugin for MyBB 1.8, is it? Can I use the plugin from 1.6 and edit 16* to 18*, or doesn't work that?
Go Mobile should work fine if you use it with a responsive theme. Johnny S has one built for mobile but it is not free
If you are using the "GoMobile" theme available for 1.8; it is just a theme, no actual automatic detection is done.
Who has made the modifications for GoMobile? From memory it doesn't sound like the original author...
I don't know if things have moved on, as I ditched GoMobile last November before the 1.8 version was released. With the old version detection of the device was working fine... so I had a theme for PC and GoMobile for mobile devices and the right one would be detected automatically. Perhaps it isn't the case any more?
The "GoMobile" available in the mods site is a theme by a different author, unrelated to the old "GoMobile" plugin which included a mobile "optimized" theme itself.

The original "GoMobile" theme has not been updated since who knows when.
Pages: 1 2