MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: recent posts not updating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

on my board I use "recent posts" to view... the most recent posts. This is the code:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily&days={$mybb->settings['threadreadcut']}">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a>

In my case it works fine, but just today two people have written to me saying that the list is not getting updated. I think it must be something to do with the cache on their phone (the model is very similar to mine and they are all android), but it seems strange that 2 people can have cache problems at the same time...

Do you happen to have any insight?

Thanks Big Grin
To my surprise I have received another couple of complaints from users... So there must me something that is not right. However I don't see it here... From my mobile everything looks fine.

To add a bit more mystery, when these people access my forum, they appear as a different user. Then, after refreshing the page, they appear as themselves. Is this a security issue or just a malfunction???
looks like there are cache related issues. what is board url set to (with or without www) & can you tell us who is your web host
Hi there,

for some reason the board is st to "http://autosvezzamento.it/forum", i.e. no "www".

My web host is a a small one based in Italy called "Hosting sostenibile" (and no, it is not cheap... although i never understood whether it is value for money).
you can try board url setting with www
OK, I have tried that and I am not sure whether it has improved things.

HOWEVER, now when I access the forum, I appear under a different username. In this case I seem to be someone who has just registered. If I start clicking here and there, I become myself again, but when I click on the homepage of the forum, I become that other person again Sad

Several people have reported the same issue. The username they see is the same one I see (at least in a couple of cases...)

Something definitely is not right...
so adding www was not the right thing.
and looks like there is something wrong with the cache - most probably it is server related ..
(2015-01-14, 11:48 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]so adding www was not the right thing.
and looks like there is something wrong with the cache - most probably it is server related ..

What do you mean... are you referring to my host?

BTW, I never received a notification taht you left a reply...
^ yes, I was referring to your host. recently I have seen similar issues with a different web host (a famous one)
OK, I am onto them (and now I have received a notification...)

It seems taht it remembers the last person who posted/logged in. Now I have received a notification of a reply, so I went on the forum and I was that person (and couldn't post myself...)

I've heard from the server and they say that it is ABSOLUTELY NOT POSSIBLE that it is them.

They say it could be Google Page Speed (which I have had for almost 2 years now) and suggest to do as explained here (by you Big Grin ):
http://community.mybb.com/thread-164418.html

Should I give it a shot?

OK, I have made that change a few hours ago, but I can still see that I feature under an a false name...
Pages: 1 2