MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IRC Authentication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am running an IRC network in which I want users to be authenticated against the usernames in MyBB database.

There have given these as an example for other popular forum software but seeing as they missed out MyBB (a big shame), I would wondering if someone could construct the SQL query.

* SMF Forum: "SELECT email_address AS email FROM smf_members WHERE member_name = @a@ AND passwd = SHA1(CONCAT(LOWER(@a@), @p@))"

What would be the one for MyBB?
you can try it like this
SELECT `email` AS `email` FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `username` = @a@ AND `password` = md5(CONCAT(LOWER(@a@), @p@))
Doesn't seem to like it... Confused
^ yes, it cannot be that simple!. see this reply related to password encryption
After trialing it out, it seems that when a member tries to identify with their nickname and password, it says username not registered so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the password, just locating the username itself.
^ which IRC you are trying to use
UnrealIRCd
Why not make the channel unjoinable and use a bot to sajoin them if they're authenticated with nickserv.
just make a button on the site triggers the bot to sajoin them.

Seen a few sites that do this.

Why would they need to be authenticated from the site if they register with nickserv.
I don't like the idea of users being sajoined as there are multiple channels they can choose from and they need to be authenticated for +vhaoq flags in particular channels.

All sorted, after playing a round for a while.

Answer is:
SELECT email FROM mybb_users WHERE username= @a@ AND password = MD5(CONCAT(MD5(salt), MD5(@p@)))
Ah, okay, makes more sense to get it done that way then.