MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this possible? Have shoutbox post in threads too?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to make a shoutbox plugin also integrate with a thread, that way every comment in the shoutbox also gets posted in the thread? Just so that post count increases, etc.

Thanks Angel
Can someone help maybe? Thank you
which shoutbox plugin you are using ? it would be better to request the plugin coder to add it as an option.
(2015-01-14, 07:19 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which shoutbox plugin you are using ? it would be better to request the plugin coder to add it as an option.

I believe dvz shout box is the only one for 1.8, so is it possible for that one? Do you think it'd be something easy to create or would I have to pay? I don't mind either
Look for this code:
    static function shout ($data)
    {
        global $db;

foreach ($data as &$item) {
            $item = $db->escape_string($item);
        }

$data['date'] = time();

return $db->insert_query('dvz_shoutbox', $data);
    }

You'd need to do the stuff to post before the return statement.
(2015-01-14, 01:54 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Look for this code:
    static function shout ($data)
    {
        global $db;

foreach ($data as &$item) {
            $item = $db->escape_string($item);
        }

$data['date'] = time();

return $db->insert_query('dvz_shoutbox', $data);
    }

You'd need to do the stuff to post before the return statement.

Unsure what you're saying in your last line. So you're saying it is possible?
It is possible if you know PHP and how MyBB's post handler works.
(2015-01-15, 01:46 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible if you know PHP and how MyBB's post handler works.

Considering I don't know much about php, would it be an easy task? If not, how much would it cost around to get it done?
If you don't know PHP, then it will be difficult. As to a quote on how much to have it done, it really depends on what someone will charge for it. I'm too busy right now to do it.
It may be an quick code if everything hard-coded. I would say not much for that (probably nothing) but if you want settings, etc. for it then people most probably will charge more.
Pages: 1 2