MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change database & keep table stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently found out SQLLite stores the data on the server itself, and doesn't require a database(I'm dumb :c) and I'd like now how to change it, I know that you can change it in the config.php but first, what do I put in instead of its normal var (
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';

) for SQLlite? And how do I insert a database backup into it? Since I want to keep my stuff..
You can't just switch. You'd need to use a third party tool to convert the database. However, I wouldn't recommend using SQLite for a live forum. MySQL has the best support and is well tested. SQLite isn't really scalable.
well, I need SQLLite, since my Database is limited to 1GB, and if its full my forum is more or less locked..
(2015-01-10, 09:09 PM)tomhillepille Wrote: [ -> ]well, I need SQLLite, since my Database is limited to 1GB, and if its full my forum is more or less locked..

It would take you a while to hit 1 GB of database space. SQLite isn't scalable and your forum will, quite literally, experience lock ups with SQLite.

I'd suggest finding a better web host. You can get decent shared hosting for a few dollars per month.