MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.16 > 1.8.3 need admin permissions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Error

You do not have permissions to run this process. You need administrator permissions to be able to run the upgrade procedure.

If you need to logout, please click here. From there you will be able to log in again under your administrator account.

I get this when trying to upgrade.^

I've upgraded before several times on the same local testbed server (the same way, from 1.6.x to 1.8) and there was no issues.
I am logged in as an administrator (also superadmin in config file) so I have no idea why this is popping up.

Also; is there any way to convert from a 1.6.16 DB to 1.8.3 outside of the upgrade process (tried using merge on a blank 1.8 but that just didnt want to work at all) because that would save a boatload of hassle.
are you trying upgrade in local host server (eg. XAMPP) ? if so have you changed settings to have correct board url ?
Using WAMP, and bburl is set as http://localhost

I've done this upgrade about 5 or 6 times without any issues before (usually as simple as clean WAMP>install 1.6>restore database>upgrade to 1.8), just this once it's decided it doesn't want to play ball.
in general, referred issue is related to board url setting.
just to confirm, is it set to localhost both in settings.php file & at general configuration settings ?
and have you checked whether forum was working normal & admin panel navigation was fine before uploading 1.8 version files
(2015-01-11, 03:12 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in general, referred issue is related to board url setting.
just to confirm, is it set to localhost both in settings.php file & at general configuration settings ?
and have you checked whether forum was working normal & admin panel navigation was fine before uploading 1.8 version files

It is set to http://localhost in both.  It is working fine at 1.6.16 all round.
I'm going to make another attempt (as it is quite literally the barebone 1.6.16 forum, just with the migrated database).

looks like I forgot to post:
So I redownloaded 1.8.3 and it went through fine without the error, so I decided to take a look at the files I tried upgrading with earlier.
Turns out I was using the latest (or at least, late yesterdays) commit at github.  /facepalm