MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Side Box plugin help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I re-enabled the Side box plugin, I now have two Side box's. And if I keep the plugin disabled there is a big blank space where the side box used to be. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Jeremy
gimmezell Wrote:After I re-enabled the Side box plugin, I now have two Side box's. And if I keep the plugin disabled there is a big blank space where the side box used to be. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Jeremy

I fixed it.

had to remove the below code from the index template.

<td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_welcome}{$sb_search}{$sb_stats}{$sb_latestthreads}{$sb_additional}</td>
  </tr>
</table>
Can you revert back the index template please. It seems you have done some modification for Side Boxes' template codes and then tried to disable it, so the plugin wasn't able to clean its default codes.

regards

---edit

Please don't double post. And what you did isn't enough actually.. revert it.
Would it be easier Zaher to create the sidebox code within it's own template and then add it to the index template? Just a thought...something like this maybe?

<td width="25%" valign="top">{$sideboxes}</td>
  </tr>
</table>

That would make it easier even to edit the sideboxes template itself and not have issues with disabling. Smile
Yeah probably you are right.. Most of the modification is done for reordering and such...

Point considered for next version.
In addition to X number of latest threads in the box setting.
zaher1988 Wrote:Can you revert back the index template please. It seems you have done some modification for Side Boxes' template codes and then tried to disable it, so the plugin wasn't able to clean its default codes.

regards

---edit

Please don't double post. And what you did isn't enough actually.. revert it.

If I revert back the index that will wipe clean my other small modifications I've made to it, correct?

I didn't double post. I was just replying to my own thread with the "fix" to the problem.
Quote:I didn't double post. I was just replying to my own thread with the "fix" to the problem.

That's double posting.. just edit it.

Quote:If I revert back the index that will wipe clean my other small modifications I've made to it, correct?
yes it will clear everything.. anyway to fully remove the the codes of SB you need to replace

<table width="100%"  border="0">
  <tr>
    <td width="75%" valign="top">{$forums}</td>
    <td width="25%" valign="top">{$sb_welcome}{$sb_search}{$sb_stats}{$sb_latestthreads}{$sb_additional}</td>
  </tr>
</table>
by
{$forums}
Done.

Thanks