MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Premium Themes for 1.8 & Over all theme quality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So let me start with stating one thing. I'm in love with the overall function and quality of MyBB software. I think the tools are outstanding.

The themes out there however are horrible. The only theme I've seen worth anything can be found over on http://makestation.net/ [Quality work there]

Keep in mind that I'm quite picky and am used to top-notch quality when it comes to themes.

I've bought a few themes from a couple of theme providers (I'll withhold their names in case they get their act together) and the themes were NOT what their screenshots showed. I have asked for a refund and have as of yet been contacted by them.

It's always hit or miss on installing themes as if they will work or not. There really needs to be a universal theme install method instead of the hodgepodge system that seems to affect MyBB themes.

9/10 when you install a theme, the CSS isn't going to work and you have to go digging as to why or why not it doesn't work. This is both for free AND premium themes. Premium stuff should just work.

I know folks will simply shun me as being a naysayer, but I really hope MyBB can get their act together and start producing super quality themes as this forum software DESERVES quality themes.

*sigh* I posted this in the 1.6 forums. heh.
yea, thats a nice theme, make it responsive and I would use it Toungue

Moving to theme support as this isnt general support.

Other thing is : you get what you pay for, or you make it yourself.... A GOOD premium theme is going to be around the 60/80 dollar mark.
I am sure there are many skilled members here who can help you get a theme of your choice.
For me, it's like the default theme, with a few things modified. I like the design, but isn't a masterpiece for me at least.

Everyone has their own style to design, and you have your own liking... but, at least, 99% of the free themes here on MyBB should work fine.
(2015-01-11, 09:43 PM)Sick Wrote: [ -> ]So let me start with stating one thing.  I'm in love with the overall function and quality of MyBB software.  I think the tools are outstanding.

The themes out there however are horrible.  The only theme I've seen worth anything can be found over on http://makestation.net/ [Quality work there]

Keep in mind that I'm quite picky and am used to top-notch quality when it comes to themes.

I've bought a few themes from a couple of theme providers (I'll withhold their names in case they get their act together) and the themes were NOT  what their screenshots showed.  I have asked for a refund and have as of yet been contacted by them.

It's always hit or miss on installing themes as if they will work or not.  There really needs to be a universal theme install method instead of the hodgepodge system that seems to affect MyBB themes.

9/10 when you install a theme, the CSS isn't going to work and you have to go digging as to why or why not it doesn't work.  This is both for free AND premium themes.  Premium stuff should just work.

I know folks will simply shun me as being a naysayer, but I really hope MyBB can get their act together and start producing super quality themes as this forum software DESERVES quality themes.

*sigh* I posted this in the 1.6 forums. heh.

Well asking for a refund for a theme is a difficult situation. Refunding digital products isn't usually best practice, instead providing screenshots and live demos so that only the scammers need refunds in the first place (Most of the time).

I'd say it's better to discuss what your issues are with the theme and try to get them resolved, I doubt it's far from what was advertised after all.

But yeah the MyBB market isn't healthy right now. D: