MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deprecate update_password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB has update_password in ./inc/functions_user.php, which is only used to update a user's password when it is reset.

This should be deprecated and the user datahandler should be used instead, as is standard elsewhere in MyBB where user fields are updated.
Agreed.
+1 from me.
Agreed as well
Many suggestions have been approved by mybb team but they are not pushed to github... so many of them are forgotten Sad
(2015-01-13, 04:54 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Many suggestions have been approved by mybb team but they are not pushed to github... so many of them are forgotten Sad

Confirmed bugs are pushed. There's no "push" functionality for features/suggestions as of yet.
I know, but there should be a special forum for accepted suggestions by mybbteam - there are many threads with were approved by mybb team (or at least by a member of mybb) but they havent been pushed
(2015-01-14, 09:26 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]there are many threads with were approved by mybb team (or at least by a member of mybb) but they havent been pushed

One or two team members approving an idea doesn't mean anything at all - the rest could be against it. Also, if we pushed every "accepted" feature suggestion to github and then implemented it, we'd probably never start 2.0. There are still 100+ tickets in github and 3 pages of bug reports, fixing the confirmed ones is more important than introducing new stuff and possibly new bugs.
I agree - but these suggestions could be incorporated into MyBB 2.0... so I suggest you to move these "accepted" ideas to another forum and discuss them with others from mybb team... at least it would be better than read all 23 pages
This probably won't apply to 2.0 since most likely another code for logging in will be used. Similar thing goes to lots of other minor feature suggestions. 2.0 is in the earliest phase and the major features are still discussed.
Pages: 1 2