MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't enter forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The site is live at https://forum.greycoatlabs.com and while I am positive everything was setup right it seems that when I click a forum link .... nothing happens. I have 0 plugins and SEO links turned off. If you wish to re-create the error simply goto the site and click a forum..watch as nothing happens lol. I even tried while logged in as an administrator. It DOES seem to work in "lite" mode but it doesn't allow me to post from there for some reason either. Any tips / hints on what the issue may be?
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from forum.greycoatlabs.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

Back to safetyAdvanced
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Hmm..
(2015-01-13, 05:22 AM)geazy Wrote: [ -> ]Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from forum.greycoatlabs.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

Back to safetyAdvanced
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Hmm..

Yeah, if you look, the cert is used on my hosting companys website www.islandforgedh.com, it is just cheaper to get the hosting account protected with the cert and have IT sign for the other sites. www.greycoatlabs.com gives the same error. Once we get everything up and done we will transfer it all over but its not the issue with the site not working.
looks like there is a problem with redirect / rewrite rules (.htaccess)
Well I removed the .htaccess file but I will reupload the file and change it to see what the issue is but ATM there is no .htaccess file at all.

new error
"
You don't have permission to access /gcl/forum/forumdisplay.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
"
but as far as I can tell all files are chmod'd correctly.

also this error only happened because of the addition to the .htaccess file.
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (ftp)
you can give your own credentials and change them later
Yeah I will PM right now

Just wanted to let everyone know that they should look in the folder ABOVE where you installed if you ever run into a similure issue. It was a restrictive .htaccess file that I had forgot I had that caused the issue. Thank you .m. and goodnight people!