MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had MyBB 1.2.3 installed on freehostia server
Now I am planning to change my server from freehotia to 8888mb.com

i have taken the backup of database from freehostia and uploded it to the database of 8888mb.com

I have uploaded all the MyBB files via ftp to 8888mb

Now what should i do?
Should i run installation will it overwrite my database which i have copied to the new server.

Thanks
Please Advice
Hm..try running the upgrader and see if that works (yourforum.com/install/upgrade.php). Those never overwrite data in the databases.
You need to edit the inc/conf.php file. Change the database host, user name, password and database name to your new hosts information.

WARNING: Using the upgrade may destroy your database.
Ah. Forgot about that. Sorry mate.
Snake Wrote:You need to edit the inc/conf.php file. Change the database host, user name, password and database name to your new hosts information.

WARNING: Using the upgrade may destroy your database.

I just need to edit this config.php and no need to upgrade or install?
There is no need to reinstall nor to update.

The uploaded files, with the imported db and editing the ./inc/config.php with the new db info are enough.

regards
Thank u very much.
zaher1988 Wrote:There is no need to reinstall nor to update.

The uploaded files, with the imported db and editing the ./inc/config.php with the new db info are enough.

regards

Dear Zeher..
Cud u plz give directions on how to import database using Php my admin in cpanel ?..

I am actually looking to install a fresh copy of 1.2.3 Version and put my Current Database with the new installation [ at adifferent server ].
Watch here
Awsome !

Thank u Zaher..