MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Report to a moderator" modification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum has been recently spammed very badly, but not in the "Classic" way. The "Report to a moderator" button on posts has been exploited, and I've had 1080 reports sent to me before, slowing down my site very badly. I was referred to request here from the IRC help room, and I was wondering if there was a modification to limit the amount of these reports a user and or IP address can send. Ex. 2 reports an hour.
Really, any simple way to prevent users from flooding that Report button will suffice.
1080 reports?! Where they for the same thread or across several threads/forums?
This actually sounds like a bug to me.. a security issue.
They went to one thread, clicked on the "Report" button, as seen on MyBB boards in general, even here, and held the Enter button on the keyboard to send multiple times. They'd do this until the server basicaly went busy. I know this as I know these people, and saw them doing it. Apparently they don't realize the repercussions even though they've all been banned and whatnot.
Technically, this isn't a bug, but I think it should be limited to one person per report per thread. And a "30 seconds inbetween posts" option.
Yes that sounds great.. but how to do it? Do I need a modification is there some lost code I can edit lol?
I'll work up some changes by the end of tomorrow.
Much appreciation!
great Tikitiki your suggestions are exactly what is needed
Well I think partially the problem is that once a member has signed up they can report posts...they shouldn't be allowed if they are in the group "awaiting activation". Reporting posts would be nice if it was by group permissions. (off I go to the ideas area)
Pages: 1 2